The Results Are In: Firestone’s UltraWhite™ Cap Sheet Outperforms The Competition.
Recent Firestone and third-party testing evaluated the performance of ultraWhite vs. four competitive reflective cap sheets: factory-applied acrylic coatings, synthetic chips, tri-laminated coated film and laminated painted foil. The materials were tested in seven key aspects, the details of which are illustrated below and on the follow pages.
UltraWhite Reflective Cap Sheet at a Glance:
Compared to other reflective cap sheets, ultraWhite:
• showed no demonstrable membrane damage over a 14-month period of outdoor weathering.
• successfully resisted cracking during simulated hail strikes.
• showed no damage, while acrylic-coated cap sheets suffered from pitting and/or cracking in accelerated weathering tests.
• has shown strong resistance to algae and fungus growth.
• demonstrated superior granular retention through QUV exposure.
• showed superior granular retention and resistance to cracking in
freeze thaw testing.
• demonstrated outstanding resistance to foot-traffic wear.
• showed little to no damage due to handling and bending during
conditioning or temperature variation.
ultraWhite Reflective Cap Sheet is the most durable reflective
cap sheet on the market. Because it’s not a film, not a foil, not a
coating, there’s really not another cap sheet like it.